Due to COVID-19, we have implemented several changes at our office in accordance with the recommendations of the American Dental Association, Michigan Dental Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and OSHA. The goal of these changes is to keep our patients, their families and our staff as safe as possible. We want to make you aware of some of these changes:
- Two days prior to your child's appointment, you will receive an email requesting you confirm your child's appointment. You will also be directed to our online patient portal to update/fill out information regarding your child and complete a Wellness Screening.
- 30 minutes prior to your child's appointment, you will receive a text message from our office requesting you text "5" when you have arrived. Please stay in your vehicle until further instructions are given. If you have multiple children with scheduled appointments, you will only receive one text message unless their appointments are more than 1 hour apart.
- Only the patient(s) with an appointment and one parent or guardian is allowed in the office for the appointment. We encourage parents of our older patients to wait in their vehicle when possible. You will be able to continue to communicate with the office as needed through our text messaging system.
- We request everyone over age 2 wear a mask when in our office. If you do not have a mask then the office will provide you with one. We also ask that everyone use the provided hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
- Your dental care providers will be wearing new and different Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including: more protective masks, face shields and scrub caps. This may concern some children as it is not what they are used to seeing us wear. Please remind your child that we are wearing these new items to help keep everyone safe.
We are so excited to welcome our families back to the office! We appreciate everyone for doing their part to keep our patients, families and staff safe! We are proud of our commitment to the highest standards of infection control, both in the protocols our office used before the COVID-19 outbreak, and in our new and even more rigorous standards and practices now being implemented. We will continue to update our infection control protocols using the latest guidelines that emerge from respected local and national health and safety organizations. Please reach out to us with any questions regarding the safety changes our office has made.